Sunday 3 August 2008

Taper Down w/c 27/07/08

Nice and relaxing week this week still tapering down so only a few short swims.

The weekend was slightly more eventful though. On saturday driving to the harbour for an early start I managed to write off my mum's car by getting spun around and subsequently hit by a lorry! We were going pretty slow but it was still a bit shocking and got neck ache. As I was spinning round though and saw the lorry coming all I could think of was I hope I don't get hurt here or I won't be able to do the swim!

Apart from a stiff neck I was fine, although I was straddling the dual carriage way so the police had to close the road for a couple of mins to move the car! My mum came and get the car towed leaving me to go down to the harbour and do my swim!

All I did though was 2 hours on saturday and 2 hours on sunday - enjoyable swims although it was bit chilly going in on sunday with pretty heavy rainfall.

Hopeful swimming the channel next Saturday, weather pending - can't wait to have a crack at it!!!!

No comments: