Thursday 17 July 2008

Split Swim - w/c 07/07

Did the big split swim this weekend.

Before swimming the channel you are meant to spend almost as long in the water over the course of the weekend as the channel swim will take (didn't quite manage this as think the swim will take 15hours+).

On saturday I did 7 hours getting in at 9am and out at 4pm. The weather was chilly, the sea was quite choppy and all in all it was pretty hard work, but got it done. On the sunday I did 6 hours which i was dreading as shoulder muscles were in all sorts of trouble, but the swim was surprisingly okay - I'd almost say enjoyable! It was much warmer and seem to go really quickly. Its amazing how when you are doing long swims you fall into some sort of 'zone' and the time just disappears.

No real interesting happenings this week, although more people have started to start their attempts and the atmosphere is a bit more excited around the beach.

Only 4 weeks to go now, before my turn which i can't wait for. My motivation that I keep thinking of at the moment is to walk into the water one end and walk out the other - that would be brilliant!

No comments: